In terms of organization, the Monitoring and Evaluation Department consists of the Monitoring Unit, Strategic Monitoring Unit, and Evaluation Unit. The Department is headed by the Department Director; the Units are headed by Unit Heads.
In particular, the Monitoring and Evaluation Department shall:
- Fulfill the tasks of the Central Coordination Body (CCB) in the area of monitoring and evaluation of the European Structural and Investment Funds (ESIF);
- Coordinate and guide the Managing Authorities (MA) for operational programs (OP) in terms of methodology in the area of monitoring and evaluation when implementing the ESIF at the OP level;
- Monitor and evaluate the state of the ESIF support implementation;
- Monitor and evaluate the state of the 2007 to 2013 programming period support completion;
- Identify, monitor, and analyze the risks related to the ESIF support implementation;
- Monitor the observance of criteria for the execution of the MA and CA (Certifying Authority) powers;
- Ensure the elaboration of evaluations within ESIF in the 2014 to 2020 programming period;
- Ensure the substantial preparation and draft projects related to the scope of responsibilities of the Department in the area of the fulfillment of the Technical Assistance beneficiar´s functionality; approve their outputs in terms of powers relevance; and cooperate to assist in elaborating applications for provision of a non-refundable financial contribution, payment requests, and monitoring reports related to the implementation of projects.