The implementation of the Agenda 2030 represents a unique tool and opportunity to strengthen elements of strategic planning and enhance coherence among the economic, social, and environmental policies. Committed to the principle of partnership, the Department for Agenda 2030 Coordination has defined six national priorities for the implementation of the Agenda 2030 resulting from a broad stakeholder participation process, involving civil society representatives, the private sector, regional and municipal administration, and other relevant players.
- Education for a life in dignity;
- Transformation towards a knowledge-based and environmentally sustainable economy in the face of changing demography and global context;
- Poverty reduction and social inclusion;
- Sustainable settlements, regions and countryside in the face of climate change;
- Rule of law, democracy and security;
- Good health.
To ensure a government-wide approach to the strategic planning, the outlined national priorities will integrate into the National Development Strategy until 2030, as well as into sectoral strategies and investment plans. To turn this ambition into practice, a robust institutional framework involving key stakeholders is inevitable. To achieve this objective, the Department for Agenda 2030 Coordination has established a Government Council for Agenda 2030 involving key line ministers, as well as representatives of NGOs, academia, the private sector, and associations of cities and regions of the Slovak Republic.